|Image via CrunchBase|
1. Search settings
Use the search settings to:
- alter the level of the safe search
- switch on/off Google Instant. This is the feature that changes and displays results as your type in your search. Some people find it useful whilst others find it extremely irritating. A big disadvantage of it is that it only displays 10 results per page.
- increase the number of results per page from 10 to up to 100. Since you can no longer guarantee that you will find the most relevant page in the first 10 results this enables you to view more without having to click through to the next page. Google Instant, which allows only 10 results per page, must be switched off.
- open results in a new browser window or tab. This allows you to view results while leaving your search page intact in a separate tab or window.
- switch on/off or edit your search history. Search history is used by Google to customise your results and some people prefer to switch it off. It can, though, provide a useful record of the searches you have carried out and the pages that you have visited from that search.
There are two ways to do this: the hard way and the easy way.
daterange:2456098-2456104 housing benefits Cameron
Why have I detailed the hard way? Because the easy tools may stop working or disappear without trace.
7. Results page sidebar.
world oil demand forecasts 2015..2030